Sunday, December 6, 2009

Something New!

I am excited to announce that I will be attempting something new. I am going to try to learn how to quilt. This probably isn't thrilling news for many, but I am pretty excited about it. I have so many ideas floating around in my head. I cannot wait to try them all out. So far I have learned some quilting vocabulary. For example I now know that:

batting is the lining between the top and the bottom layers of the quilt.

binding is the part that finishes off the edge of the quilt.

lattice is the fabric that frames each block of the quilt.

Okay, so it's not a vaulting start, but it's something, right? I have been emphatically looking at different patterns (very easy ones) and different types of fabric. I have been looking at the possibility of using a quilt kit to start. Mostly I have been daydreaming like you wouldn't believe. But then, daydreaming is what I do best.

One of the best pieces of news to come from this is that there may be a Stitch-n-Bitch group forming. This is fantastic news! How much more fun will it be to figure this all out while spending time with friends!

Wish me luck. I have big plans!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...